Temprid FX Insecticide bottle (400 mL)
Temprid FX Insecticide is a multi-purpose suspension concentrate insecticide that can be used both indoors and outside. The FX stands for ‘flexibility’ because Temprid FX can be used on a large variety of insects in many settings. Combining the fast-acting power of beta-cyfluthrin and the transferal power of imidacloprid, Temprid FX can be used to combat ants, bed bugs, cockroaches, flies, spiders, and more. Target treat your home in places where pests have been spotted or give the outside of your home a perimeter spray (3 feet up and 3 feet out around the foundation of the home) to prevent future infestations.
Temprid FX Benefits:
- New flexible label means you can control more insects in more places, including indoor, outdoor and foliar applications
- Combats over 50 insects including ants, roaches, flies, ticks, mosquitoes, and notoriously hard-to-kill insects as bed bugs, scorpions, and spiders
- Quick knockdown and long lasting control – lasts up to 90 days indoors and 30 days outdoors
- Two active ingredients help avoid insect resistance
- Low odor and non-staining formulation
- Now available in an easy-to-use 8mL bottle! These convenient 8mL bottles make 1 gallon of finished solution and eliminates the need to measure
Temprid FX Insecticide replaces Temprid SC, which has been discontinued. Temprid FX contains the same active ingredients as Temprid SC, but with a new expanded label that allow for the treatment of mosquitos and use on ornamentals.
How Temprid FX Works
Temprid FX is a dual-active suspension concentrate insecticide with two powerful active ingredients, beta-cyfluthrin and imidacloprid. Both active ingredients target the nervous system of pests. The ingredients are co-milled, meaning pests are exposed to both ingredients with every application. Beta-cyfluthrin, a pyrethrin, kills quickly while imidacloprid provides a slower kill. Imidacloprid is used for its transferal properties where a pest that is affected can transfer the product onto an untreated pest. This makes Temprid FX great for roaches, ants, and other social colony pests.
Temprid FX Controls the Following Insects:
Ants, bed bugs, blue or green bottle flies, boxelder bugs, brown marmorated stink bugs, carpet beetles, centipedes, clothes moths, clover mites, cluster flies, cockroaches, phorid flies, pill bugs, sciarid flies (fungus gnats), silverfish, sow bugs, spiders, wasps, western conifer seed bugs, yellow jackets, hide beetles, hornets, house flies, kudzu (globular stink) bugs, leather beetles, midges, millipedes, moths, multicolored Asian lady beetles, crickets, darkling beetles, dermestids, earwigs, elm leaf beetles, elm seed bugs, firebrats, flesh flies, flies, fruit flies, gnats
Temprid FX can be used indoors as a spot treatment or as a crack and crevice spray, and outdoors as a perimeter treatment and general surface spray. Temprid FX will not stain and has a low-odor. Always read the product label completely before use. Temprid FX can be used on ornamentals (flowering plants) when they are not in bloom and under soffits, eaves, and outdoor awnings.
To use Temprid FX, mix solution with water in a sprayer and shake vigorously before use. See chart below for correct dilution mixes. Remove all children and pets from area to be sprayed. After treatment, wait 1-2 hours for solution to dry before allowing children and pets back into the treated area. Temprid FX will last for 30 days outdoors and 90 days indoors, but can be applied every 7 to 10 days as needed if there is high pest pressure or bad weather conditions present.
- For preventative and maintenance use, mix 8 milliliters (0.27 fluid ounces) per 1 gallon of water for 0.075% active ingredients
- To treat infestations, mix 16 milliliters (0.54 fluid ounces) per 1 gallon of water for 0.15% active ingredients
- Always use 8 milliliters (0.27 fluid ounces) per 1 gallon of water for bed bugs
- Always use 16 milliliters (0.54 fluid ounces) per 1 gallon of water for faster knockdown of flying insects, like hornets, wasps, and yellow jackets
Temprid FX can be used in the following areas indoors:
- In cracks, crevices, and voids.
- Around water pipes, doors, windows, eaves, and other entry points for pests.
- On baseboards, corners, behind or underneath ovens and refrigerators, in cabinets, underneath sinks, and other places where pests feed or hide.
- Floors and rugs behind furniture, inside closets, and storage areas can be spot treated. Do not apply Temprid FX across the entire floor area.
- To apply Temprid FX behind veneers, pipes, chimney bases, into rubble foundations, block or structural voids, under slabs, or in the soil of crawlspaces, use a mist or foam application (equipment and foaming agent sold separately).
Temprid FX is a great product to use when treating for bed bugs because it can be used before heat treatments. Bed bug eggs that are treated directly with Temprid FX are killed outright while young nymphs that emerge from eggs are killed by dried residue.
- For infested mattresses, remove bed linens and wash. Dry in a high heat dryer to kill bed bugs. Then, apply solution of Temprid FX and water (8ml product per 1 gallon of water) to tufts, seams, folds, and edges of mattress until moist. Remake bed once mattress dries.
- In upholstered furniture, apply to tufts, seams, folds, and edges. Do not apply to flat surfaces where prolonged human contact will occur.
- In luggage, apply to seams, folds, and edges until moist. Be sure luggage is empty and do not use or fill luggage until solution is dry.
- On baseboards, moldings, curtains, furniture, beneath floor coverings and carpets, in closets, around shelves, and on picture frames, use Temprid FX as a crack and crevice treatment.
- Reapply every 7 to 10 days as needed until infestation is eliminated.
Temprid FX can be used in the following outdoor areas:
- Apply to areas where pests can enter a structure, where they have been seen or found, or where they can hide including the surfaces of buildings, porches, patios, around doors and windows, utility entry points, soffit areas, eaves and attic vents, drilled holes, and foundation cracks.
- To prevent or control an infestation, apply a spray 3 feet up and 3 feet out around the perimeter of a structure, including walls and around windows, doors, and soffits. Also treat the soil, non-flowering ornamentals, and turf around the structure in a band up to 10 feet wide.
- Apply to trees, shrubs, and non-blooming ornamental plants to manage ants and mosquitoes.
- Apply along paths, tall grass, and other non-blooming vegetation to manage fleas and ticks.
- For stinging insects, treat nests or mounds.
To protect honey bees, only spray Temprid FX when pollinators are not active and there is no wind to carry Temprid FX toward pollinators.
For wood-infesting pests, including drywood termites, carpenter ants, carpenter bees and powder post beetles, use a mixture of 8ml (0.27 fluid ounces) of Temprid FX per 1 gallon of water. Apply where pests have been seen or found. Mixture can be applied with a sprayer, brushes, or rollers (all sold separately). Consult product label for specific applications.
More Information About Temprid FX Insecticide
- The shelf life of Temprid FX is 3 years when stored out of direct sunlight and extreme temperature with the lid tightly shut.
- Temprid FX is toxic to fish and other aquatic life. Do not apply where water runs off to lakes, rivers, sewers, drain, and other bodies of water.
- Temprid FX is toxic to bees and other pollinators upon direct contact. Be sure to apply when pollinators are not active.
- Use appropriate personal protection equipment when using Temprid FX and to follow instructions on label for appropriate use.
|Active Ingredient:||Imidacloprid 21% beta-Cyfluthrin 10.5%|
|Target Pests:||Mosquitoes, Ants, Bed bugs, Blue or Green Bottle flies, Boxelder bugs, Brown marmorated stink bugs, Carpet beetles, Centipedes, Clothes moths, Clover mites, Cluster flies, Cockroaches and others * See Label for complete list|
|For use in:||Treat entry points, such as around water pipes, doors, windows, eaves, and areas where pests normally feed or hide, such as baseboards, corners, around water pipes, and more. Indoor uses only for NY * See Label for complete list|
|Application:||Using foliar, spot, spray, mist, foam, crack and crevice or void applications * See Label for specific instructions for applying particular application methods|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||CT, NY (Restricted to Commercial Applicators)|