Vexis Herbicide Granular bottle (2 lbs)
Vexis Herbicide Granular is a new powerful weapon formulated with a new proprietary active ingredient - pyrimisulfan - to control sedges, kyllingas, dollarweed, common chickweed, henbit, and other labeled broadleaf weeds. Excellent post-emergent control for labeled broadleaf weeds that can be used on residential and commercial sites, golf course tees, parks, sod farms, cemeteries, schools, and sports facilities. It features a unique formula that lessens the chance of inaccurate applications. Vexis Herbicide Granular can be utilized on a wide variety of cool and warm-season turfgrasses, such as St. Augustinegrass, Kentucky bluegrass, fine and tall fescues, bentgrass, and buffalograss.
Do not apply to water, or to areas where surface water is present, or to intertidal areas below the mean high water mark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
VEXIS HERBICIDE GRANULAR will control the following weeds:
Sedges, Kyllinga, and Rushes (including ALS resistant annual sedges): Yellow Nutsedge, Purple Nutsedge, Green Kyllinga, False Green Kyllinga, Cockscomb Kyllinga, and Path Rush.
Broadleaf Weeds: Common Chickweed, Hairy Bittercress, Henbit, Buckhorn Plantain, Dollarweed (Pennywort), False Dandelion, Florida Betony, Ground Ivy, and Virginia Buttonweed.
Where To Use
This product provides weed control on the following sites.
- Ornamental Turfgrass sites:
- Residential/domestic sites including areas associated with household or home life including apartment complexes and condominiums.
- Ornamental turf sites including turfgrass established around residences, parks, streets, retail outlets, cemeteries, industrial and institutional buildings, recreation areas, playgrounds, fairgrounds, and athletic fields.
- Institutional sites including properties or facilities providing a service to public or private organizations including, but not limited to hospitals, nursing homes, schools, museums, libraries, sport facilities, golf courses, and office buildings.
- Non-cropland sites: including farmyards, fencerows or fence lines, highway rights-of-way (principal, interstate, county, private, and unpaved roads): Roadsides, roadside ditches, road shoulders, road embankments, dividers, and medians; Industrial sites: Lumberyards, tank farms, fuel or equipment storage areas; Municipal, state, and federal lands: Airports and military installations; railroad rights-ofways, railroad yards, railroad crossings and railroad bridge abutments; Utility rights-of-way: telephone, pipeline, electrical powerlines, and communication transmission lines.
- Agricultural site: Commercial sod production
Turfgrass Species Which May be Treated:
VEXIS HERBICIDE GRANULAR may be used on the following established turfgrass species:
- Established Cool-Season Turfgrass: Kentucky bluegrass, fine fescues, tall fescue, perennial ryegrass, bentgrass.
- Established Warm-Season Turfgrass: Bermudagrass (common or hybrid), bahiagrass, buffalograss, centipedegrass, kikuyugrass, seashore paspalum, St. Augustinegrass (including improved varieties such as Bitterblue and Floratam), zoysiagrass.
- Do not apply more than 8.26 lb of product per 1000 sq.ft. per year.
- Do not retreat within 30 days of initial application.
- Do not use on carpetgrass, dichondra, legumes, or turfgrass where desirable clovers are present.
- Do not apply to bentgrass mowed under 1/2 inch.
- Do not collect grass clippings from treated turfgrass for use as mulch around plants or in compost for 3 weeks after treatment. The applicator must notify in writing the appropriate residences/individuals of this precaution when this product is applied by a lawn service/commercial applicator.
- Do not apply directly to flowers, vegetables, groundcovers, gardens or landscape plantings including ornamental shrubs or trees.
How Much to Apply:
Apply 2 lb of product per 500 sq.ft. (174 lb of product per acre). Retreatment after 30 days is allowed but do not apply more than a total of 8.26 Ib per 1000 sq.ft. per year (360 lb of product per acre per year).
When to Apply:
- Apply when weeds are actively growing. Retreatment may be necessary when weed pressures are high, when soil moisture is low, or when weeds are not actively growing.
- To avoid injury to improved varieties of St. Augustinegrass or Centipedegrass, apply when night-time temperatures are above 50°F for 7 consecutive nights.
- Moisture on leaf surface is not required. Apply when weed leaves are wet or dry.
- Temperatures below 50°F will reduce weed control activity.
- For best results, water-in granules within 48 hours after treatment.
- For best results, postpone mowing until granules are watered-in.
- For best winter annual control (henbit, false dandelion, and chickweed) apply in early fall.
**See label for the complete application instructions.
|Active Ingredient:||Pyrimisulfan - 0.025%|
|Target Pests:||Yellow Nutsedge, Purple Nutsedge, Green Kyllinga, False Green Kyllinga, Cockscomb Kyllinga, Path Rush, Common Chickweed, Hairy Bittercress, Henbit, Buckhorn Plantain, Dollarweed, False Dandelion, Florida Betony, Ground Ivy, Virginia Buttonweed.|
|For use in:||Residential/domestic sites, Ornamental turf sites, Institutional sites, Non-cropland sites, Agricultural site, Established Cool-Season Turfgrass, Established Warm-Season Turfgrass.|
|Application:||Apply 2 lb of product per 500 sq.ft. (174 lb of product per acre). Retreatment after 30 days is allowed but do not apply more than a total of 8.26 lb per 1000 sq.ft. per year (360 lb of product per acre per year).|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||CA, NY, PR|