Talstar P Professional Insecticide case (4 gals)
Talstar P (also known as Talstar, Talstar One or Talstar Professional) Multi-Insecticide with bifenthrin is one of the most trusted and widely-used insecticides by pest control professionals today, and now available to you for DIY pest control.
The name Talstar P/Talstar One means one professional solution for everything: Talstar insecticide kills over 75 insect pests and can be used for indoor pest control, outdoor pest control, food handling areas, turf and ornamental treatments, in the yard as a yard spray to treat fleas or other yard pests, and even for termite control.
Talstar has a long residual, so it keeps on killing pests for over three months after you've sprayed it. Plus, Talstar One is odorless, dries clear, leaves no stains, is non-irritating to the skin, and won't break down easily with rainfall. For termites, ants, mosquitoes, roaches, beetles, spiders, and everything in-between, Talstar insecticide is simply fantastic. 1 Qt. concentrate yields 32-96 finished gallons. Application of Talstar P requires a sprayer.
*NOTE: Due to the size of this bottle, the product is not filled to the top and will appear at the halfway mark. This is normal and so do not be alarmed.
How Talstar P Works
Talstar P is a liquid concentrate insecticide which contains bifenthrin, a synthetic pyrethroid. Pyrethroids work by disrupting an insect's nervous system causing a weakened state followed by death. Talstar P does not provide an instant knockdown of pests, rather, pests pick up the residual active ingredient by contact. Talstar P is a repellent insecticide since it acts quickly enough that social insects such as ants cannot create a pheromone trail. This means that Talstar P will be most effective as a barrier with a thorough application. Talstar P residual can last up to 3 months.
Talstar P Sizes Available
Talstar P comes in a variety of sizes to help you get exactly the amount you need. Talstar ¾ Gallon (96 ounces) is one of our most popular sizes. Talstar also comes in Gallon (128 oz), Quart (32 oz), and Pint (16 oz) sizes.
Talstar P controls over 75 different insects -- everything from stink bugs, bed bugs, spiders, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks and fleas to pillbugs, chinch bugs, earwigs, millipedes, Dichondra Flea Beetles, spittlebugs and more. It is very effective on Japanese Beetles, clover mites, ants, termites, spiders, scorpions, roaches, army worms, mealybugs, mites, grasshoppers, pillbugs, cutworms, sod webworms, weevils, leaf miners, box elder bugs, bees, wasps, sowbugs, crickets, and turf and ornamental pests. Please see below for complete list.
INSECTS CONTROLLED: Adelgids, American Dog Tick, Annual Bluegrass Weevil, Ants, Aphids, Armyworms, Bagworms, Banks Grass Mite, Bedbugs, LadyBeetle, Bees, Beet Armyworm, Beetles, Billbugs (adult), Biting Flies, Black Turfgrass Ataenuis, (Adult), Black Vine Weevil, Boxelder Bugs, Brown Soft Scales, Broad Mites, Budworms, California Red Scale, Carpenter Ants, Centipedes, Chiggers, Chinch Bugs, Cicadas, Cigarette Beetles, Citrus Thrips, Clover Mites, Cockroaches, Crane Flies, Crickets, Cutworms, Dermestid Beetles, Diaprepes, Dichondra Flea Beetles, Earwigs, Elm Leaf Beetles, European Red Mite, Fall Webworms, Fire Ants, Firebrats, Fleas, Flea Beetles, Flies, Flour Beetles, Fungus Gnats (adults), Gnats, Grain Weevils, Grasshoppers, Gypsy Moth Caterpillars, Hornets, Imported Fire Ants, Indian Meal Moths, Japanese Beetles, Lace Bugs, Leaf Feeding Caterpillars, Leafhoppers, Leafrollers, Lesser Grain Borers, Mealybugs, Merchant Grain Beetles, Midges, Millipedes, Mites, Mole Cricket, Mosquitoes, Moths, Old House Borers, Orchid Weevil, Pecan Leaf Scorch Mite, Pillbugs, Pine Shoot Beetle, Plant Bugs, Powder Post Beetles, Psocids, Psyllids, Rice Moths, Sawfly larvae, Sawtoothed Grain Beetles, Scale Crawlers, Scorpions, Silverfish, Sod Webworms, Sowbugs (Pillbugs), Spider Mites, Spiders (including Black Widow, Brown Recluse and Hobo Spiders), Spittlebugs, Springtails, Stored Product Pests, Tent Caterpillars, Termites, Thrips, Ticks (including Brown Dog Ticks), Tip Moths, Tobacco Moths, Treehoppers, Twig Borers, Warehouse Beetles, Vinegar (Fruit) Flies, Wasps, Weevils, Whiteflies, Wood-infesting beetles
Talstar P is an ideal broad-spectrum insecticide for prevention, maintenance, or active infestations of over 75 pests. Talstar P provides a long-lasting barrier around the perimeters of structures for crawling insects such as ants, beetles, and roaches; protects ornamental plants from hazardous pests like mealybugs; helps control nuisance flying insects such as mosquitoes; protects lawns from turf pests such as chinch bugs; and even has an expanded label to include treatment of stink bugs. See below for complete list of approved usage sites.
- 1 pint (16 oz.) concentrate yields 16-32 gallons of finished solution.
- 1 quart (32 oz.) concentrate yields 32-96 gallons of finished solution.
- 3/4 gallon (96 oz.) concentrate yields 96-192 gallons of finished solution.
- 1 gallon (128 oz.) concentrate yields 128-256 gallons of finished solution or covers 128,000 to 256,000 square feet for broadcast application.
Standard Application Dilution Rates / Mixing Rates:
- 0.33 oz./gallon of water – 0.02% - prevention, low level infestions
- 0.5 oz./gallon of water – 0.031% – general indoor or outdoor use
- 1.0 oz./gallon of water - 0.06% - severe infestations, less frequent treatments, longer residual, quicker knockdown
- 1 gallon of finished solution should cover 1,000 square feet when using a hand pump sprayer.
* See the video above for general use mixing and application instruction using a sprayer like the Chapin premier 1 gallon sprayer.
Use in the Following Areas:
Indoors and outdoors on residential, institutional, public, commercial, and industrial buildings, greenhouses, animal confinement facilities/livestock premises, kennels, food handling establishments, and lawns, ornamentals, parks, recreational areas and athletic fields; trees, shrubs, foliage plants, non-bearing fruit and nut trees, and flowers in greenhouses, interiorscapes, including hotels, shopping malls, office buildings, etc., and outdoor plantscapes, such as around residential dwellings, parks, institutional buildings, recreational areas, athletic fields and home lawns (Non-bearing crops are perennial crops that will not produce a harvestable raw agricultural commodity during the season of application); feed and food handling establishments, animal confinement facilities, kennels, confined animal feeding operations, livestock premises, and in/around/under structures
Use 0.33 to 1 fluid oz. per gallon of water for residual pest control in buildings and structures and on modes of transport. Apply either as a crack and crevice, pinstream, spot, coarse, low pressure spray (25 psi or less) or with a paint brush.
Apply as a coarse, low pressure, crack and crevice or spot spray to areas where pests hide, such as baseboards, corners, storage areas, closets, around water pipes, doors and windows, attics and eaves, behind and under refrigerators, cabinets, sinks, furnaces, stoves, the underside of shelves, drawers and similar areas.
- Do not use as a space spray.
- Pay particular attention to cracks and crevices.
- Limit repeat application to no more than once per seven days.
Talstar P may be converted to a foam for residual treatment of voids or as a spot spray when visual marking of application is desired.
Thorough application should be made to crack and crevices where evidence of bed bugs occurs. This includes bed frames, boxsprings, inside empty dressers and clothes closets and carpet edges, high and low wall moldings and wallpaper edges. Do not use this product on bed linens, pillows, mattresses or clothes. Remove all clothes and other articles from dressers or clothes closets before application. Allow all treated areas to thoroughly dry before use. Not recommended for use as sole protection against bedbugs. If evidence of bedbugs is found in/on mattresses, use products approved for this use.
General application for crawling pests - Mix 0.5 or 1 oz. of Talstar P in one gallon of water and apply to the outside foundation of the home, approx. 3 feet up the side of the house and 2 feet out from the house. Also spray entry points into the home such as around windows, pipes, doorways, etc. For general preventative treatment, apply Talstar P once every 3 months.
- Repeat applications should be limited to no more than once per seven days when using 0.33 oz./gal. of water. For the high use rate of 1.0 oz. per gallon of water, do not apply more than once every four weeks.
In addition to the treatment around the foundation of the home as mentioned above, spray Talstar P on the underside of leaves on the lower-hanging branches of trees around the backyard or area where mosquitoes are a problem. You can also spray the underside of leaves on shrubs and ornamentals. Do not apply when wind speed exceeds 10 MPH.
Higher application volumes may be used to obtain the desired coverage of dense vegetation or landscaping materials.
Use 0.125 to 0.25 oz. per 1,000 square feet (or 5.4 - 10.8 oz. per 100 gal.). Apply as a full coverage foliar spray. Use of a Chapin Slide Pump Sprayer will help reach higher into trees. Apply when larvae begin to hatch and spray larvae directly. Applications when larvae are young will be most effective.
Use 0.5 to 1.0 oz. per 1,000 square feet. Chinch Bugs infest the base of grass plants and are often found in the thatch layer. Irrigation of the grass area before treatment will optimize the penetration of the insecticide to the area where the chinch bugs are located. Use higher volume applications if the thatch layer is excessive or if a relatively long mowing height is being maintained. Chinch Bugs can be one of the most difficult pests to control in grasses and the higher application rates (Up to 1 fluid oz. per 1000 square feet) may be required to control populations that contain both nymphs and adults during the middle of the summer.
A hose end sprayer like the Chapin hose end sprayer may be used to apply Talstar P for lawn pests. Use up to 1.0 oz. per 1,000 square feet. Higher volume applications may be more effective with some pests, so you may want to calibrate the sprayer to a lower rate (for example, 0.25 oz/gal.) and use more water to cover a 1,000 square foot area.
Talstar P has an expanded label for treatment of Stink Bugs indoors, outdoors, on lawns, and on ornamental plants. Use 0.33 to 1.0 oz/gal. of water and treat around door frames, window frames, vents, eaves, around the bottom of your foundation, and any other crack or crevice where an insect could gain entry, once a month August-November.
Talstar P may be used for pre-construction or post-construction prevention of subterranean termites. Use 1.0 oz/gal. of water (0.06% solution) for most termite applications. For preconstruction horizontal barriers (such as under a concrete slab), use 1 gallon of solution per 10 square feet. For perimeter barrier treatments, use 4 gallons of solution per 10 linear feet. See our article How to Do a Termite Treatment, for further instructions on perimeter termite treatments. See product label for full instructions on using Talstar P to control subterranean termites.
- Pet safe when dry
- Virtually no odor or staining
- Easy to remember mixing rate
- Convenient squeeze and pour container makes measuring and mixing easy
- Talstar P Professional Insecticide may be tank-mixed with adjuvants and with other pesticides, including insect growth regulators.
- Talstar One is tough on pests and easy on everything else: Talstar One multi-insecticide is water based and contains no alpha cyano group. That means you can use it inside and out. You can apply it to a larger perimeter area.
- Non-irritating, non-staining and contains no odorous or plant-damaging solvents.
- Compatible with herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and liquid fertilizers.
- Once it dries, it is virtually impossible to tell where it has been sprayed. So there are no unsightly residues and phytotoxicity.
- Talstar One is tough on ants and general household pests, but easy on the household.
- Talstar One is labeled for over 75 different pests and provides fast knockdown and long-lasting control of even the toughest lawn and ornamental pests.
- Talstar multi-insecticide creates a long-lasting barrier against insect pests. Keep roaches, ants and other insects out of your home in the first place by treating the perimeter foundation every 2-3 months.
- Talstar One is labeled for food-handling areas such as kitchens, restaurants, supermarkets and food processing plants.
Talstar P has one of the most complete labels of any insecticide
Talstar P has a broad label you can count on. A true miticide, Talstar P controls over 75 different insects -- everything from spiders, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks and fleas to pillbugs, chinch bugs, earwigs and millipedes. It provides fast knockdown and long lasting control of even the toughest lawn and ornamental pests. Plus, it controls all species of ants knocking them out and keeping them out with long-lasting residual.
Talstar P multi-insecticide is the only insecticide needed
Talstar P insecticide has all the features and benefits you've come to rely on from the Talstar brand of products. It has the proven performance and protection of its active ingredient, bifenthrin. It has long residual control of termites and 75 other pests. Its broad label includes everything from pre- and post-construction termite treatment, indoor and outdoor pest control, turf and ornamental applications, and food-handling areas.
Talstar P is formulated for long-lasting effectiveness
Talstar P multi-insecticide has the active ingredient bifenthrin, which has a unique chemical structure like that of no other pyrethroid. For termite control, that means the longest average residual in the industry and a retreat rate well below industry averages. In fact, Talstar One is averaging more than 12 years at 100% control in all USDA testing sites and 16 years and still counting at USDA sites in Florida and Arizona. Plus it provides a barrier that termites can't penetrate, for superior structural protection.
Extra Tips for Using
- Allow at least 30 minutes after application before allowing pets or children into treatment area. For best results, allow 24 hours after outdoor application before expected rainfall or watering. Some outdoor applications may require irrigation before or after application.
- Use with an IGR such as NyGuard IGR for control of all life stages of insects such as fleas.
- Store out of direct sunlight and extreme temperatures.
- Concentrate should be viable for 3-5 years. If separation occurs, shake well before using.
- Do not apply more than 1 oz. Talstar P per 1,000 square feet.
Compare to: Bifen I/T
|Active Ingredient:||Bifenthrin 7.9%|
|Target Pests:||Over 75 insects: Stink Bugs, Bed Bugs, Scorpions, Spiders, Mosquitoes, Cockroaches, Ticks, Fleas, Pillbugs, Chinch Bugs, Earwigs, Millipedes, Dichondra Flea Beetles, Spittlebugs and others * See label for complete list|
|For use in:||NOT for use as a broadcast across interior surfaces NOT for Food & Vegetable Gardens * See label for complete list|
|Application:||* See label for complete application instructions|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||SD CT, NY (Restricted To Licensed Applicators Only)|
Login and Registration Form