Archer IGR is an Insect Growth Regulator that is also photostable, meaning that it does not break down easily in direct sunlight. You can use Archer IGR to control insect populations both indoors and outdoors. The Archer IGR unique mode of action disrupts the life cycle of ants, fleas, flies, ticks, cockroaches, mosquitoes and beetles leading to effective population control.
For best results, IGR products should be applied with an insecticide such as Talstar.
* They can be mixed together and applied at the same time from a one gallon hand pump sprayer.
Archer Insecticide is an IGR (Insect Growth Regulator). The Archer Insecticide unique mode of action disrupts the life cycle of ants, fleas, flies, ticks, cockroaches, mosquitoes and beetles for effective population control.
- Low hazard, only carries a “caution” warning from the EPA.
- Non-volatile and remains stable in sunlight.
- Effective when used in combination with other baits, and readily tank mixes with adulticides like Demand CS and Demon MAX, for a fast-acting, superior pest control program.
- Does not cause stain or odor when used as directed.
- Retains activity against pre-adult fleas for up to 7 months, and against pre-adult cockroaches for up to 6 months.
What is an IGR?
- Archer Insecticide is an IGR, or Insect Growth Regulator.
- An IGR is a chemical that disrupts and impede the life cycle of insects in the egg and larvae stage of development.
- The idea with an IGR is that if an insect cannot reach adulthood, it cannot reproduce.
- In short, IGR is a form of “birth control” for pests which helps keep the populations of unwanted pests under control by preventing current and future infestations.
How to Mix Archer Insecticide
Archer Insect Growth Regulator is intended to be mixed with water and applied with application equipment, such as hand-held, backpack, or power spray equipment.
- Fill applicator container 1/2 full with water.
- Add the amount of Archer Insect Growth Regulator to container as recommended in the rate table found on the product label.
- Shake, stir, or agitate.
- Fill applicator tank with water to final volume recommended in rate table.
- Shake, stir, or agitate again.
- To assure the highest quality control, prepared dilutions should be used within 24 hours and should be shaken, stirred, or agitated again if diluted material is not used for several hours.
Prior to any interior treatment, carpets, draperies and upholstered furniture should be vacuumed. The vacuum cleaner bag should be sealed and disposed of in an outdoor trash receptacle.
In Kennels and Doghouses
Treatment of kennels and doghouses will control pre-adult fleas from developing into biting and reproductive adult fleas.
- Prior to treatment, remove animals, pets and their food and water dishes before applying.
- Do not return animals and pets to treated areas until the application has completely dried.
- Using a tank-type applicator, apply Archer at a rate of 1 gallon diluted solution per 1,500 square feet of surface area.
- Apply to buildings, resting areas, walls, floors, animal bedding and run areas.
- Archer should not be used as an on-animal application. Pets should be treated for fleas by a veterinarian or groomer before the home is treated with Archer.
|Active Ingredient:||Pyriproxyfen 1.3%|
|Target Pests:||Cockroaches, Fleas, Ants, Litter Beetles, Crickets, Ticks, and Flying Insects * See label for complete list|
|For use in:||Commercial & Residential; Indoors & Outdoors * See label for complete list|
|Application:||Photo-stable up to 14 days (Works in Direct Sunlight) * See label for complete application instructions|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||NY - Surface Water Application Restricted|