Altriset Termiticide bottle (34 oz)
Altriset is a new reduced-risk non-repellent termiticide that provides excellent control of subterranean termites with minimal impact on the environment. Altriset will elminate termites in less than three months and will protect your home or business for more than 5 years when used in accordance with the label. Once termites come into contact with Altriset, their ability to feed on wood is halted within hours, resulting in death. It is slowly passed throughout the colony by touch and contact, causing total colony elimination. Altriset's new class of chemistry provides a high-performing and long-lasting residual termite control that is also safe to use--In addition to requiring no signal word on the label, DuPont Altriset Termiticide is the first and only liquid termiticide to be classified as reduced-risk under the U.S. EPA reduced-risk program: Altriset requires no special safety equipment, represents no health risk to humans or domestic animals when used as directed, and is safer for the environment.
Altriset is now labeled for localized treatment of drywood termites.
See our entire selection of termite spray products
How Altriset Termiticide Works
Altriset is a reduced-risk non-repellent termiticide concentrate that provides excellent control of subterranean termites and localized control of drywood termites with minimal impact on the environment. The active ingredient, Chlorantraniliprole, introduces a new class of insecticides, Anthranilic diamide, that causes an interruption of normal muscle contractions, leading termites to lose the ability to feed on wood. The active ingredient works slowly enough that it is spread throughout the colony by touch and contact, causing total colony elimination.
The EPA has rated Altriset the first Reduced Risk Termiticide on the market. It requires no special safety equipment and does not even require a signal word on the label, yet it is still effective for at least five years when used as directed.
Subterranean termites including species of Reticulitermes, Coptotermes, and Heterotermes and Drywood termites including species of Incisitermes, Cryptotermes, and Marginitermes
Altriset Termiticide is intended for use as a remedial and/or preventative termite control product in both pre- and post-construction situations. When treating structures, every attempt to create and to maintain a continuous treatment zone must be made. Because Altriset is the first termiticide registered with the EPA as Reduced Risk, it is an ideal treatment for sensitive situations such as schools or hospitals or situations where exposure may be a concern. Altriset is packaged in a larger quantity than many other termiticides, so it may not be ideal for smaller jobs where only a few gallons of finished solution are needed.
Is Altriset Better than Termidor?
Altriset introduces a whole new type of chemistry that is similar but different than Termidor SC. Both products are transferred throughout the termite colony for total colony elimination. However, unlike Termidor, Altriset is the first and only termiticide labeled Reduced-Risk by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Chlorantraniliprole 18.4%
Always read the product label completely before use. Shake well before diluting concentrate.
How to use Altriset for subterranean termites:
Altriset is for OUTDOOR USE ONLY and is made to be used as an in-ground subterranean termite treatment to control and prevent termites from infesting your home.
- Dig a 6-inch deep by 6-inch wide trench right against and around the outside foundation of your home.
- Pour the recommended amount of diluted Altriset into the trench (4 gallons per 10 feet of trench). Most professionals would use a 100 gallon spray rig on the back of a truck to mix and apply this product. However, if you do not have access to such equipment, we recommend using a 5 gallon paint bucket and drawing a line at the 4 gallon mark. Mix 1.3 oz. of Altriset per 4 gallons of water (0.34 oz. per gallon). Pour 4 gallons of mixed solution for every 10 feet of trench around your home.
- Allow the mixture to seep into the trench. Replace the backfill into the trench, but remember to make sure to mix some of the diluted Altriset with the backfill to achieve a complete barrier.
How to use Altriset for drywood termites:
- Create a mixture of Alriset and water using the dilution rate on the product label.
- Drill small holes along the drywood termite galleries.
- Apply up to 50 mL (1.7 fluid ounces) of your Altriset and water solution into each injection hole.
- Plug holes with a wood patch or putty.
Each 34 oz. bottle yields 100 gallons of finished solution and treats 250 lineal feet around a structure.
Standard Application Dilution Rates / Mixing Ratios:
- 0.34 oz. (10 mL)/gal. of water – 0.05% a.i. – control of subterranean termites
- 0.34 oz (10 mL)/gal. of water to 0.68 (20 mL)/gal. of water - control of drywood termites
- Apply 4 gallons of finished solution per 10 linear feet for continuous barrier treatments.
- For horizontal treatment zones, apply 1-1.5 gallon(s) at low pressure (no more than 25 psi) to the surface of the soil to be treated per 10 square feet.
For use in the following areas:
For use in pre- and post-construction situations of residential, commercial, and industrial structures, including pre-construction ground treatment and post-construction treatments, such as treatment of unit masonry walls and foundation elements, crawl spaces, basement construction, slabs on grade (such as walkways, patios, driveways, etc.), earth-filled slabs, around structural elements, unit masonry foundations and voids; non-structural elements such as posts, poles, landscape ornamentation or signs; non-edible fruit and nut bearing trees; around outdoor cellulose material.
Altriset is for Outdoor Use Only. Altriset may be applied as a foam to wall voids and in stud walls with dry foam only (25:1 expansion ratio). Only apply foam to wall voids where termites or termite damage are detected.
See above for basic trenching applications. See our article How to Do a Termite Treatment for more information.
Altriset may be used to treat around posts, poles, landscape ornamentation or signs outdoors. Non-edible fruit and nut bearing trees infested with subterranean termites may be treated by drilling into tree cavities or termite galleries or termite carton nests. The surface of the soil under cellulose material such as firewood, stumps, logs, or other outdoor cellulose materials may also be treated at a rate of 1 gallon of finished solution per 10 sq. ft.
Altriset Termiticide Features
- Eliminates termites in less than three months when used in accordance with the label.
- Halts termite feeding within hours.
- Provides residual protection for more than five years.
- Non-repellent chemistry is indiscernible to termites.
- Behavioral impact on termites enhances translocation throughout the colony.
- Mode of action like no other termite control product.
- Excellent environmental and toxicological profile.
- First and only reduced-risk liquid termiticide.
- Keep people and pets out of area being treated during application.
- Do not contaminate public or private water supplies.
- Do not treat soil that is frozen or water saturated soil that will not accept the termiticide.
- Shake well before using.
- Do not store tank mixture in the tank overnight.
- Do not treat soil within 5 feet of a well or cistern. When treating soil between 5 and 10 feet of a well or cisterns, the treated backfill method must be used.
|Active Ingredient:||Chlorantraniliprole 18.4%|
|Target Pests:||Subterranean Termites and Localized treatment of Drywood Termites|
|For use in:||In-ground termite treatment around structures, Localized indoor treatment, spot treatment in trees (within 50 feet of structure)|
|Application:||Mix 0.34 oz. per gallon of water to make a 0.05% solution (recommended) for subterranean termites Mix 8.5 oz. per 25 gallons water Mix 17 oz. per 50 gallons water Mix 34 oz. per 100 gallons water|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK CT, NY - Restricted to Commercial Applicators|
Login and Registration Form