Tower Herbicide jug (2.5 gal)
Tower Herbicide is a pre-emergent herbicide with a new active ingredient, dimethenamid-p (DMTA-P) which provides broad-spectrum control of numerous annual grassy weeds, sedges, and small-seeded broadleaf weeds, including doveweed and goosegrass. Ideal for use in controlling troublesome weeds in warm-season grasses like fairways, tees, roughs, turfgrass, and landscaped areas for up to 60 days. It works by preventing cellular development and inhibiting shoot formation. It can be tank-mixed with other pre-emergent and post-emergent herbicides to achieve total control of weeds. Tower's liquid formulation offers a more cost-effective solution in eliminating even the toughest weeds. Available in a 2.5-gallon jug.
This product is not eligible for coupon discounts.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Application Equipment, Methods, and Rates:
Tower herbicide provides effective weed control when applied by ground equipment and subsequently incorporated into soil by rainfall, sprinkler irrigation, or by mechanical methods before weed seedling emergence from soil.
Ensure uniform application by using spray equipment properly calibrated to deliver spray pressure of 25 to 50 PSI. Suggested spray volumes are 20 to 200 gallons per acre for landscape and ornamental applications and 10 to 200 gallons per acre for turfgrass and other noncrop applications. Avoid overlaps that will increase rates above those specified. Avoid unintentional contact of spray solution with sidewalks, driveways, stone, wood, or other porous surfaces.
Cleaning Spray Equipment:
Clean application equipment thoroughly by using a strong detergent or commercial sprayer cleaner according to the manufacturer’s directions; then triple rinsing the equipment before and after applying this product.
Application with Backpack or Handheld Spray Equipment:
The amount of water used for the application should be sufficient for thorough coverage without runoff. Calibration of backpack sprayers or other handheld spray equipment will vary with each operator. Determine the amount of water needed to treat 1000 square feet before mixing the spray solution. Follow information in Application Mixing Instructions section of the label.
- Low - 21 fl. oz. per acre or 0.48 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft.
- High - 32 per acre or 0.73 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft.
Tower may be applied in a single application or in sequential applications not to exceed 64 fluid ounces per acre per year.
In a single application, DO NOT apply more than the equivalent of 32 fluid ounces of Tower per acre.
For extended weed control, sequential applications of Tower can be made 5 to 8 weeks apart in turfgrass, and 6 to 8 weeks apart in ornamentals. DO NOT apply more than 64 fluid ounces of Tower per acre per year. Tower may be applied in a sequential application program or tank-mixed with other herbicides that control emerged weeds.
Ground Application (dry bulk fertilizer):
Tower may be impregnated or coated onto dry bulk granular fertilizer carriers to provide preemergence weed control as a surface application. Impregnation or coating may be conducted by the in-plant bulk system or the on-board system at the fertilizer manufacturer. When impregnated onto some dry fertilizer blends, Tower may have a strong odor. Apply Tower within 30 days after impregnation on dry bulk fertilizer.
DO NOT impregnate Tower alone or with mixes on ammonium nitrate, potassium nitrate, or sodium nitrate fertilizers or fertilizer blends. Tower can only be impregnated in single super phosphate (0-20-0) and triple superphosphate (0-46-0).
Apply 200 to 750 pounds of the fertilizer and herbicide blend per acre. Application must be made uniformly to the soil to prevent injury to desirable plants and provide acceptable weed control. Apply impregnated fertilizer at 1/2 rate and overlap to ensure uniform distribution and a full rate application. Formula to determine the herbicide rate when using dry bulk fertilizer application:
fl.oz. or lbs. of herbicide per acre/pounds of fertilizer per acre = 2000 = fl. oz. or lbs. of herbicide per ton of fertilizer.
- DO NOT apply more than 1.5 lbs active ingredient dimethenamid-P (32 fluid ounces of Tower herbicide or 0.73 fluid ounces per 1000 sq ft of Tower) per acre per application.
- Maximum annual use rate - DO NOT apply more than a total of 3.0 pounds of active ingredient dimethenamid-P (64 fluid ounces per acre or 1.46 fluid ounces per 1000 sq ft of Tower) per year.
- To avoid the possibility of plant damage, DO NOT apply Tower to turfgrass or ornamental plants growing under stress such as from disease, cold weather, excessive moisture, high soil pH, high soil salt concentration, or drought.
- DO NOT apply Tower to actively growing turfgrass and/or ornamental plants when soil temperature is less than 55 deg F or as plants are coming out of dormancy.
- DO NOT apply to plants showing symptoms of stress or injury, such as stunting, wilting, leaf burn or drop, or abnormal growth.
- DO NOT apply through any type of irrigation system.
- DO NOT apply by air.
- DO NOT harvest fruit, nuts, or berries for one year after Tower application.
- DO NOT apply this product over more than 30 acres per day using handheld equipment.
- DO NOT tank mix Tower with other insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, plant growth regulators, additives, or adjuvants that have not been evaluated for plant tolerance under local conditions. See Plant Tolerance and Phytotoxicity Notice for more information.
Landscape and Grounds Maintenance:
Tower herbicide can be used in landscape and grounds maintenance programs for extended preemergence weed control. Tower can be used in and around established ornamental plantings in nonagricultural areas defined as follows:
- Landscaped ornamental areas in and around residential and commercial establishments, multifamily dwellings, military, and other institutions, university or college campuses, parks, airports, roadsides, schools, picnic grounds, athletic fields, houses of worship, cemeteries, golf courses, prairie grass areas, and common areas in residential developments.
- Specified noncrop areas including parking lots, driveways and roadsides, highway rights-of-way, alleyways, bike, and jogging paths, vacant lots, buildings, stone gardens and gravel yards, around statuary or monuments, utility substations, markers/borders, and fence lines, and mulch beds. Tower may be used under asphalt or concrete treatments as part of a site-preparation program.
Specific Landscape and Ornamental Planting Use Site Instructions:
- Apply as a directed or over-the-top spray.
- Use the Low labeled rate. Repeat applications for extended landscape weed control.
- DO NOT apply to sensitive ornamental plants listed in Table 2 on the label.
- DO NOT apply to newly transplanted ornamentals until plants have been watered and soil has been thoroughly packed and settled around roots.
- DO NOT apply at bud break.
Tower can be used for preemergence weed control during site preparation, establishment, and/or maintenance of tree plantations, Christmas tree plantations, conifer and hardwood seedling nurseries, pulpwood farms, fiber farms and nurseries for fruit and nut tree seedlings and rootstock. Tower may also be used for hardwood and conifer regeneration on Conservation Reserve Program land or similar areas.
- IMPORTANT: Close slit so herbicide does not directly contact tree roots.
- Directed or over-the-top spray applications can be made except at the time of bud break.
- DO NOT apply to newly transplanted seedlings until plants have been watered and soil has been thoroughly packed and settled around roots.
- DO NOT apply at bud break
SEE LABEL FOR COMPLETE RATES AND INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT apply directly to water, areas where surface water is present, or intertidal areas below the mean high watermark. DO NOT contaminate water when disposing of equipment washwater or rinsate.
Dimethenamid-P has properties that may result in groundwater contamination. Application in areas where soils are permeable or coarse and groundwater is near the surface could result in groundwater contamination.
Dimethenamid-P has properties that may result in surface water contamination via dissolved runoff and runoff erosion. Practices should be followed to minimize the potential for dissolved runoff and/or runoff erosion.
|Active Ingredient:||Dimethenamid-P - 63.9%|
|Target Pests:||Annual grasses, sedges, and small-seeded broadleaf weeds, including goosegrass, doveweed, and yellow nutsedge.|
|For use in:||Commercial ornamental production, residential, commercial or institutional landscape and grounds maintenance, tree plantations, and turfgrass areas.|
|Application:||Use Rates: Short-term (2-4 months): 21 fl. oz. per acre or 0.5 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. Long-term (4-6 months): 32 fl. oz. per acre or 0.7 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft.|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||ND, NY|