Proxy Growth Regulator
Proxy Growth Regulator helps in managing the growth of desirable grasses in cool-season turf while suppressing Poa annua and white clover seedheads. Its unique formulation will not induce initial shock or cause growth surge after application, plus it offers a lesser chance of phototoxicity compared to other growth regulators. It helps control growth around greens and tees, bunkers, and hard-to-mow areas, reducing labor time for more efficiency. This formula also helps establish a denser and tighter-knit turfgrass to make it more durable. Labeled for use on golf courses including greens, tees, fairways, and roughs, commercial turfgrasses including Kentucky bluegrass, bentgrass, tall and fine fescue, perennial ryegrass, parks, and sports turf. It rainfast in about 2 hours so it stays effective after rainfall.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Seedhead Suppression: Foliar application of Proxy Growth Regulator will provide suppression of Poa annua and white clover seedheads. Make the initial application prior to the emergence of new seedheads. A period of 2-3 weeks after application is required for maximum performance. Repeat applications may be made to predominately Poa annua or white clover sites as needed, but not less than two weeks after the previous application. Follow other precautions and restrictions on the label.
Application Sites: Golf course turf including greens, tees, fairways, and roughs, commercial turfgrasses including bentgrass, Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall and fine fescue, parks, and sports turf.
Rate: 5 fl. oz. per 1,000 sq. ft.
Spray Volume: 1.0-2.0 gal/1,000 sq. ft.
Poa annua and white clover seedhead Suppression:
- Reapplication interval is 2 weeks or greater for all labeled grasses.
Turfgrass Growth Regulation: Reapplication intervals:
- Kentucky Bluegrass - 7 weeks
- Perennial Ryegrass - 7 weeks
- Tall/Fine Fescue - 4 weeks
- Bentgrass - 4 weeks
Tank Mixture with primo MAXX: Tank mixtures of Proxy Growth Regulator at 5 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. and Primo MAXX at 0.125 or 0.25 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. can be used to promote seedhead suppression as well as turfgrass quality. Multiple applications of the tank mix combination may be needed. The number of applications must not exceed recommendations for rates or timings for either product applied once. Follow the recommendation on each product label for the most restrictive application interval for each turfgrass. Application of this tank mixture during frost periods may cause temporary turf discoloration.
Growth Suppression: An application of Proxy Growth Regulator slows the growth of turfgrasses, thus reducing the required frequency of mowing and the volume of clippings collected. For best turfgrass growth regulation, apply Proxy Growth Regulator when daytime air temperatures are 65 deg F and rising. Proxy Growth Regulator must only be applied once turfgrass mowing heights have been established for the season. Avoid multiple applications of Proxy Growth Regulator in areas where excessive thatch has accumulated.
PRECAUTIONS AND RESTRICTIONS:
- Do not use this product for purposes other than those listed on the label.
- Do not treat turfgrass with poor root systems or growing under stress due to poor soil conditions, drought, disease, or insect damage.
- Do not use Proxy Growth Regulator in areas where excessive thatch has accumulated.
- Do not contaminate water used for irrigation or domestic purposes.
- Do not apply Proxy Growth Regulator through any type of irrigation system.
- Avoid spray drift to nearby crops, as this product will cause modifications in plant growth. Plant injury may result.
- Scalping may occur on creeping bentgrass cultivars after more than 2 applications of Proxy Growth regulator for Poa seedhead suppression.
- Proxy Growth regulator has been used successfully on may bentgrass cultivars. Tolerance testing must be done on new cultivars before extensive use.
- Mix only the amount of spray you expect tom use each day. Do not allow mixed solution to stand overnight.
- Do not buffer spray solutions.
- Test tank mixes with other products on a small area before using widely.
- IMMEDIATELY RINSE ANY SPILLS WITH PLENTY OF WATER AS PROXY GROWTH REGULATOR IS CORROSIVE.
- DO NOT MIX PROXY GROWTH REGULATOR WITH AMMONIUM THIOSULFATE. SUCH TANK MIXTURES MAY RESULT INFORMATION OF TOXIC FUMES.
- DO NOT EXCEED A MAXIMUM OF 30 OZ OF PROXY GROWTH REGULATOR PER 1,000 SQ. FT. PER YEAR.
Do not apply directly to water, or to areas where surface water is present or to intertidal areas below the mean high watermark. Do not contaminate water when disposing of equipment wash waters.
|Active Ingredient:||Ethephon - 21.7%|
|Target Pests:||Poa annua and white clover seedheads.|
|For use in:||Golf course turf including greens, tees, fairways, and roughs, commercial turfgrasses including bentgrass, Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, tall and fine fescue, parks, and sports turf.|
|Application:||Apply in a sufficient volume of water to provide uniform coverage. For optimum control of Poa annua, make first application in the fall when mowing slows, followed by at least two spring applications.|
|Pet safe:||Yes, if used as directed on label.|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK|