Mainspring GNL Insecticide gallon (128 oz)
Mainspring GNL Insecticide is specially formulated to protect against damaging insects on ornamental plants, corm, conifers, Christmas trees, and non-bearing fruit and nut trees in nurseries and greenhouses, residential and commercial landscapes, and interior plantscapes. It contains Cyantraniliprole as its active ingredient which effectively controls pests such as White grubs, annual bluegrass weevil, billbugs, chinch bugs, European crane fly, spittlebugs, and turf caterpillars to prevent them from destroying your plants. This product can be applied to plants and grassy spots that are developed for aesthetic recreational or properties that are maintained or modified climatically in and around home lawns, residential dwellings, business complexes, institutional buildings, cemeteries, ornamental gardens, parks, playgrounds, and other landscaped areas.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. FOR FOOD CROPS AND COMMERCIALLY GROWN OUTDOOR ORNAMENTALS NOT UNDER CONTRACT FOR POLLINATION SERVICES BUT WHICH ARE ATTRACTIVE TO POLLINATORS
Do not apply this product while bees are foraging. Do not apply this product until flowering is complete and all petals have fallen unless one of the following conditions is met:
- The application is made to the target site after sunset.
- The application is made to the target site when temperatures are below 55 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The application is made in accordance with a government-initiated public health response.
- The application is made in accordance with an active state-administered apiary registry program where beekeepers are notified no less than 48 hours prior to the time of the planned application so that the bees can be removed, covered or otherwise protected prior to spraying.
- The application is made due to an imminent threat of significant crop loss, and a documented determination consistent with an IPM plan or predetermined economic threshold is met. Every effort should be made to notify beekeepers no less than 48 hours prior to the time of the planned application so that the bees can be removed, covered or otherwise protected prior to spraying.
Do not apply Mainspring GNL while bees are foraging. Do not apply Mainspring GNL to plants that are flowering. Only apply after all flower petals have fallen off.
USE RESTRICTIONS AND PRECAUTIONS:
- For crops and plants grown outdoors:
- Do not apply more than 32 fluid ounces of product per acre per year (equivalent to 0.4 lb of active ingredient per acre per year).
- Unless otherwise stated for a specific crop or plant, do not apply a total of more than 0.4 lb ai/A of cyantraniliprole-containing products per year. This is the total from all application methods (e.g., seed, soil, foliar).
- DO NOT allow chemigation water to run off or puddle following application.
- Avoid application to areas that are water logged or saturated or frozen, which will not allow penetration into the root zone of the plant.
- Keep people and pets away from treated area until treatment has dried.
- Wait a minimum of 7 days to retreat.
- Nassau and Suffolk Counties, State of New York: Mainspring GNL may only be applied for listed greenhouse and interior plantscape uses. DO NOT apply Mainspring GNL to any outdoor use site, including shade houses, lath houses or other no-enclosed ornamental production structures.
- Use clean, well maintained and properly calibrated application equipment.
- Fill sprayer tank 1/4 to 1/2 full of water.
- Shake the container of Mainspring GNL well before pouring.
- Add the appropriate amount of Mainspring GNL directly into the spray tank.
- If preparing a tank mixture, follow the tank-mixing sequence below.
- Mix the spray solution thoroughly and continue agitation to keep the insecticide in suspension. Use mechanical or hydraulic agitation. Do not use air agitation.
- It is recommended that the mixture not be stored in the spray or mix tank overnight.
Foliar application rates are listed in Table 1 on the label. Foliar applications offer locally systemic activity with residual control of listed pests. Mix the Mainspring GNL with the required amount of water and apply as a full coverage foliar spray to control the target pest. Apply Mainspring GNL when pest populations are low to prevent them from increasing to damaging levels.
When making foliar applications to plants with hard-to-wet foliage, such as holly, ivy, or pine, the addition of a spreading adjuvant is recommended. Do not use adjuvants with binding or sticking properties as these may reduce absorption of Mainspring GNL by the plant. Use sufficient water volume to provide thorough and uniform coverage. Avoid making applications where uniform coverage cannot be obtained or where excessive spray drift can occur.
If making a low volume, or mist-type application, use the equivalent amount of product as you would when making an application with higher volumes of water for a given area.
Broadcast applications of Mainspring GNL may be applied for white grub, annual bluegrass weevils, billbugs, chinch bugs (suppression), turf caterpillars, European crane flies, and spittlebugs in grassy, weedy, or bare soil areas, including residential and commercial landscapes. Broadcast application rates for these areas are presented in Table 2. Apply in sufficient water to uniformly cover the area being treated (a minimum of 2 gallons per 1,000 square feet is recommended). Irrigate immediately after application or allow rainfall to move the product into the soil. Use properly calibrated application equipment that will produce a uniform, coarse droplet spray, using a low pressure setting to eliminate off target drift. Mainspring GNL may be applied either before planting or after plants have been established.
SEE LABEL FOR COMPLETE INSTRUCTIONS.
Drift and runoff may be hazardous to aquatic organisms in water adjacent to treated areas. This pesticide is toxic to aquatic invertebrates. This product is highly toxic to bees exposed to direct treatment or residues on blooming crops or weeds. Do not apply this product or allow it to drift to blooming crops or weeds if bees are foraging the treatment area.
|Active Ingredient:||Cyantraniliprole 18.66%|
|Target Pests:||White grubs, annual bluegrass weevil, billbugs, chinch bugs, European crane fly, spittle bugs, turf caterpillars|
|For use in:||Ornamental plants, ornamental bulb, corm and tuber crops, conifers, Christmas trees, non-bearing fruit and nut trees grown in greenhouses and nurseries conifer nurseries, retail nurseries, residential and commercial landscapes, and interior plantscapes|
|Application:||Foliar application: Mix with water and apply as full coverage to control target insects Broadcast application: Mix with water to uniformly cover the area being treated (a min. of 2 gal. per 1,000 sq. ft. is advised)|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||HI|