Advance Termite Bait Station
Advance Termite Monitoring Stations are placed in the ground ten to fifteen feet apart around the home and about two to three feet out from the foundation of the house. The Advance Termite Monitor Station contains a wood food source and an inspection cartridge for detecting subterranean termites.
We recommend you use the Advance Spider tool and twist the black cap off of the station. If you do not have one, you can use a large flat head screw driver placed behind the small black tab on the cap and twist the cap until both tabs are released and the cap can be removed. Once the cap is off, you can use either a small screw driver or a pair of needle nose pliers to lift the old cartridge out. Then you simply set the new cartridge in the station and put the cap back on.
Each Advance Termite Bait Station comes loaded with four total components: The black plastic housing, a wooden Termite Monitoring Base, a Termite Inspection Cartridge, and a black plastic cap. These are extra complete stations to replace or supplement the Advance Termite Bait System Kit. Stations are placed 10-15 feet apart, 2-4 feet away from the foundation around the structure to be treated to monitor subterranean termite activity. These stations do not contain any active ingredient or Termite Bait Cartridges – they are for monitoring only. Termite Bait Cartridges and other components may be purchased separately.
The easy-access design of the station combined with highly attractive wooden base and Termite Inspection Cartridge cells attract and intercept foraging worker termites before they find food in the structure. If activity is observed in stations, the Termite Inspection Cartridge is replaced with a termite bait cartridge, like the Advance Termite Bait Cartridge (sold separately).
Advance Termite Bait Stations are installed to monitor and treat subterranean termites around structures, generally in residential areas. Advance stations are easy to install, monitor, and maintain, with minimal disturbance to the environment.
Advance stations are for preventative treatment: they should not be installed as the sole treatment for existing termite infestations. See How to Perform a Termite Treatment for existing infestations.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT: No active insecticides, contains only wood and food attractants.
Always read the product label completely before use.
- Install Advance Bait Stations (including the wood base and termite monitoring cartridge) into the ground every 10-20 feet around the perimeter of the structure. Stations should be placed 2-4 feet away from the foundation, but not directly under the drip line from the roof of the structure. To dig holes for the stations, use a 2 ¾ in. hand or electric auger or post hole digger. The cavity for each station should extend 2 to 4 in. below the stations’ housing to allow excess moisture to drain.
- Monitor stations every 90 days for termite activity. A Termite Bait Station Spider Tool (sold separately) will easily open each station. A cotter pin hand tool or small pliers make removal of the cartridges easy.
- If termite activity is present, replace the Termite Inspection Cartridge with a termite bait cartridge, like the Advance Termite Bait Cartridge. (Be sure to remove the plastic wrapper from the TBC before placing inside the station.)
- Inspect active bait stations every 90 days to see if termite activity has stopped. When activity stops, replace the Termite Bait Cartridge with a Termite Inspection Cartridge. Repeat process as needed.
- Replace the wood bases and Termite Inspection Cartridges every 12 months for best results. Wood that is soggy or moldy should be replaced as soon as possible.
Each station includes one wood Termite Monitoring Base and one Termite Inspection Cartridge.
Standard Application Rates:
* Place stations 10-20 feet apart, 2-4 feet from the foundation of the structure – Closer placement results in better monitoring and treatment.
* One wooden base and one Termite Inspection Cartridge are included per station and should be replaced approx. every 12 months.
For use in the following areas:
Around residential, commercial, and industrial structures
Advance Termite Bait Stations are for outdoor use only.
See above for Application Instructions. Install in grassy or landscaped areas. For concrete or asphalt applications, creation of a cavity in the concrete or asphalt is considered to be the station housing the components, and the station itself is not needed.
Advance Termite Bait Station Features
- Low profile remains flat to soil surface
- Easy installation
- Designed for quick transfer from wooden termite monitoring base to bait station, resulting in minimal disturbance of termite feeding activity
- Specially formulated bait in TIC, TMB is milled from tree species favored by termites
- Large bait load eliminates even the largest colonies
- Maximum wood-to-soil contact
- Minimum disturbance to soil and termite activity
- Easy-access wood slots allow ready termite entry
- Quick-lock station cap simplifies opening and closing the station
- Monitor stations at least every 90 days after installation.
- Replace Monitoring Cartridges and Wood Base at least every 12 months, or more frequently if wood base becomes soggy or moldy (white or gray mold).
- If ants are found near or in bait stations, consider using a granule bait such as Advance 375A on the ground around the bait stations.
- Bait systems are for preventative treatments and should not be relied on to treat termites already in the home.
- Place stations 2 to 4 feet from the foundation, but do not place under the drip line of the roof.
|Target Pests:||Subterranean Termites|
|For use in:||Commercial & Residential Outdoors|
|Application:||See Installation & Service Guide|
|NOT FOR SALE TO:||AK|